Canadian Passport Photo App
With globalization, travel, study, and work abroad are becoming commonplace, so having a reliable digital passport photo platform is essential. The 7ID app makes this process a lot easier by turning your smartphone into a passport photo booth.
In this article, we will show you how to get a spot on a Canadian passport photo with the 7ID Pro Passport Photo App!
Table of contents
Instantly Resize Your Photo to 5×7 cm
The unique feature of Canadian passport photos is their size - 50 mm wide x 70 mm long, larger than most countries require.
In centimetres, a Canadian passport photo size should be 5×7; in millimetres - 50×70; in inches - 2×2.75 or 2×2 ¾. With 7ID, you can instantly resize images as needed.
Use the 7ID App to ensure your image's correct head size and eye line. The editor will automatically adjust to the correct dimensions for each country and document.
Replace the Background with a Plain White
Most ID photos, including Canadian passports, require a light-colored background. To change the background of your passport photo to white, simply upload your photo to 7ID, and the app will do the rest.
Ideally, your original photo should be taken against a plain background for best results. We recommend our Expert service to edit a photo with any type of background.
Prepare the Picture for Printing
With 7ID, we offer a free passport photo template in two forms:
Expert Passport Photo Tool: Benefits
We suggest using our expert photo editing (powered by Visafoto.com) feature for key documents such as passports, driver's licenses, visas, DV lottery, etc. Here's why:
- This option utilizes cutting-edge AI technology to handle any initial background.
- It offers superior photo editing and cropping.
- Photos processed with the advanced software achieve a 99.7% acceptance rate from authorities.
- If your photo is rejected, we provide a free replacement.
The 7ID app is available for Android or iOS.
How to take a good passport photo with a phone?
Thanks to the spread of technology, you no longer need to search for “passport-size photo near me”. Here's your guide to capturing the perfect Canadian passport photo at home using only your mobile phone:
- Use natural lighting near a window to avoid harsh shadows.
- Place your phone on a stable surface or tripod to get clear shots.
- Maintain a straight posture, look directly at the camera with a neutral expression or a soft smile with no teeth showing, and keep your eyes open.
- Take multiple photos for selection and choose the best one, leaving enough space for possible 7ID app resizing.
Upload your preferred photo to the app and, let 7ID format and change the background to suit your needs. Rest assured that your official application needs, whether for a passport, visa, or other identification, will be professionally handled by 7ID!
Where can you print a passport photo in Canada?
Two printed photos are required for your passport application. 7ID will provide you with a print template for 4×6 paper, which is a standard postcard size. If you have a color printer, you can use this file to create your photo cards.
Where To Print A Canadian Passport Photo Near Me?
If you don't have a printer, no worries - many Canadian pharmacies, post offices, and retail stores offer printing services.
Please note that if you bring in an image file for printing, they may not accept it at the regular printing cost; they may charge you the same price as if you took your passport photo at their location. Here's a handy tip: order your prints online instead. Prices can start as low as CAD 0.39, and you can pick them up at the nearest store.
Canadian Passport Photo Requirements Checklist
Please follow the instructions below to meet the passport photo requirements in Canada:
- Size: The photo should be 50 mm wide x 70 mm long (or 2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long). Face length: The face, from the chin to the top of the head, should measure between 31 mm (1 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1 7/16 inches).
- File size and resolution: Digital photos should be less than 10 MB in file size and less than 4000×3000 pixels. The system is compatible with .jpg or .jpeg formats.
- Background: A white or light-coloured background is required.
- Facial Expression: A neutral expression with eyes visible and open, mouth closed, and no shadows, glare or flash reflections on the face.
- Clothing: Uniforms are not to be worn; regular casual clothing is recommended. Hats are generally prohibited unless they are part of a religious garment such as a headscarf or yarmulke.
- Eyewear: Eyeglasses are not recommended. Sunglasses or tinted glasses are also not permitted.
- Hair and Ears: Hair should not cover the face, and eyes and ears should ideally be visible. Validity: Passport photographs are considered valid for six months from the date they are taken.
- Signature: The back of the Canadian passport must be stamped or signed. We detail this requirement below.
How to Sign a Passport Photo?
To sign a passport photo for a Canadian passport, you should follow the steps below:
- A stamp or written note must be on the back of a passport photo. This should include the date the photo was taken, the full name and address of the photo studio, and if required, the signature and date of the guarantor.
- Guarantor's Signature: If a guarantor is involved, they should authenticate the back of the photo by signing it and certifying that it accurately represents the applicant.
- Photographer's Signature: Alternatively, the person who took the photo or someone who knows the applicant and can verify their identity can sign the back of the picture. That’s your best option if you take your own passport photo!
Canadian Baby Passport Photo Requirements
The rules for a baby passport photo in Canada share the exact specifications as any typical passport photo:
- The image must be less than six months old.
- The size requirement for a baby passport photo in Canada is 50×70 mm.
- The head height should be 31 mm to 36 mm from the chin to the top of the head.
- The background should be a solid white or light shade.
- The photo should be in colour.
- The baby must have a neutral expression in the photo.
- The baby's eyes must be open and visible; however, children under one year of age may have their eyes closed.
- The mouth must be closed.
- Eyeglasses are allowed as long as the eyes are clear and there are no reflections.
- There must be no other objects or people in the photo. Your hand must not be visible if you are holding the baby's head.
- The photo must focus on the baby's head and shoulders.
- No parent's or child's hands may be in the picture.
According to the guidelines for Canadian passport photos for newborns, photos may be taken while the child is in a car seat, provided the following conditions are met:
- A white blanket is draped over the seat behind the child's head.
- There are no shadows around the ears, on the face or shoulders, or in the background.
- The phrase “I certify this is a befitting picture of (child's name)” must be written along with your signature on the back.
Not Only a Passport Photo Maker! Unlock All the Features of 7ID
In addition to setting passport photo dimensions, the 7ID app addresses various identity photo needs and includes tools for managing QR codes, barcodes, digital signatures and PINs:
- QR and Barcode Management: This free tool lets you store all your access codes, discount coupon barcodes, and vCards in one convenient place that doesn't require an Internet connection.
- PIN Code Keeper: This free tool safely stores all your credit card PINs, digital lock codes and passwords in one secure location.
- E-Signature: This free tool allows you to quickly and easily add digital signatures to documents, including PDFs and Word files.
The 7ID app is your all-in-one solution for obtaining a Canadian passport photo that meets all requirements. With a commitment to quality, precision and convenience, its features ensure results that are nothing short of professional!
Download the 7ID app now for Android or iOS.